PARENT / STUDENT / SCHOOL COMPACT
Central City School District #133
I want my child to achieve. Therefore, I will encourage him/her by doing the following:
- See that my child is on time and attends school regularly.
- Support the school in its efforts to maintain proper discipline.
- Provide an environment at home (ex: well-lighted area, snacks, appropriate seating) that is best for my child’s learning style, since all children do not learn in the same way.
- Encourage my child’s efforts and be available for questions.
- Communicate and work with teachers and school staff to support and challenge my child.
- Stay aware of what my child is learning.
- Read with my child and/or let my child see me read.
It is important that I work to the best of my ability. Therefore, I shall strive to do the following:
- Attend school regularly.
- Work hard to do my best in class and schoolwork.
- Come to school each day with pens, pencils, paper, and other necessary tools for learning.
- Respect and cooperate with other students and adults.
- Conform to rules of proper student conduct.
- Observe regular study hours.
It is important that students achieve. Therefore, I shall strive to do the following:
- Show that I care about and respect all students.
- Have high expectations for myself, students, and other school staff members.
- Provide appropriate homework assignments for students.
- Communicate and work with families to support students’ learning.
- Encourage students and parents by providing information about student progress.
- Do special activities in the classroom to make learning enjoyable.
I support this form of parent involvement. Therefore, I shall strive to do the following:
- Provide a safe environment for learning.
- Set down rules for proper student conduct, and see that those rules are enforced.
- Believe that all students can achieve.
- Provide an environment that allows for positive communication between the teacher, parent, and student.
- Promote education and Central City School District #133.
- Listen, hear, and respond to feedback from students, staff, and the community.
- Encourage teachers to regularly provide homework assignments that will reinforce classroom instruction.
SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER AGREEMENT
I promise to do all I can to meet the needs expressed in this contract by students, teachers, parents, and the superintendent. I will work to the best of my ability to create a school district and community where everyone can keep their contracts with each other.